Last updated: January 12, 2022
Information We Collect
Information you give us directly
Some information we collect directly from you. The type of Personal Information we collect varies depending on what type of activity you are engaging in but may include your first and last name, email address, image and likeness, demographic information, interests, and any other information you choose to provide. For instance, we collect information that you voluntarily provide in the following ways:
When you sign up to receive communications from us, subscribe to our newsletter or blog, or complete a survey. When you engage in any of these activities, we may collect your name, email address and other contact details, areas of interest, and any information you provide to us as part of that request (such as information you provide in response to a survey about your satisfaction with our Site or what kind of interactive experiences you would like us to offer).
When you email us to ask a question or when you communicate with us via a third-party social media platform. When you contact us by email; through our branded social media accounts; through any integrated chat providers we may offer; or by telephone, SMS, or physical mail, we may collect your name, username, email address, phone number, physical address, and the contents of your communication which can include any information you choose to provide.
Information we collect automatically when you use our Site
The information we collect automatically can include the following:
Information about the devices you use to access our Site (including your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, and operating system);
The address of the web page visited before and after using our Site;
Details about your interactions with our Site (such as the date, time, length of stay, and specific pages accessed during your visits);
Search terms used to reach our Site;
Usage information (such as the number and frequency of visitors to our Site); and
Location information (such as GPS information or general location information inferred from your IP address).
Information we collect from other sources
We may also obtain Personal Information from other sources. For instance, we may collect Personal Information about you from:
Social media platforms. We may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools such as widgets, which allow you to share content on our Site with third-party social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn. If you choose to use these social sharing features, the provider of the third-party social media platform may make certain information available to us. This can include information necessary to facilitate the integration as well as any additional information the provider chooses to share with Creek Road or which you have permitted the provider to share through your privacy settings. We encourage you to check the privacy settings and privacy policies of these third-party social media platforms to understand what information might be shared with us.
We may combine the information we collect about you from these various sources. If a combination of information that we collect identifies you as an individual, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information described above to:
Operate and improve our Site (including monitoring and analyzing usage, trends, and activities related to the Site and identifying, fixing, and troubleshooting bugs and service errors);
Communicate with you (including responding to your requests, inquiries, comments, and suggestions);
Further our networking, marketing, and social strategies (including posting testimonials; notifying you about programs, services, offers, promotions, and events; and promoting our programs and services, including using information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Site on third-party websites);
Protect against, identify, investigate, and respond to misuse of our Site (including preventing and detecting fraud, unauthorized access, and other unlawful behavior);
Support our general business operations (including maintaining our business and legal recordkeeping); and
Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Our Legal Bases for Handling your Personal Information
The laws in some jurisdictions require companies to tell you about the legal ground they rely on to use or disclose your Personal Information. To the extent those laws apply, our legal grounds are as follows:
- Legitimate interest. In most cases, we handle Personal Information on the ground that it furthers our legitimate interests in commercial activities such as the following in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals:
- Providing and personalizing the Site for you;
- Marketing our Site;
- Protecting our users, personnel, and property; and
- Analyzing and improving our business.
- Legal compliance. We need to use and disclose Personal Information in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
- Contractual commitments. Some of our processing of Personal Information is to meet our contractual obligations to the individual to whom the Personal Information pertains, including performing the contractual obligations in our Site Terms.
- Consent. Where required by law, and in some other cases, we handle Personal Information on the basis of implied or express consent.
How We Share Your Information
We may share information about you with certain third parties in the following circumstances:
Companies under common control. We may share data between and among any current or future parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and other companies under common control and ownership with Creek Road.
Third parties. We may share your Personal Information with third parties that provide advertising, campaign measurement, online analytics and other services, in order to help us reach individuals with relevant ads and measure our ad campaigns, or to better understand how individuals interact with our Site and other online services over time and across devices.
Social media platforms. Our Service may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools such as widgets, which allow users to share information on our Site with third-party social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter. Using these social sharing features is optional.
Business transfers: We may share Personal Information with another company in connection with or during negotiations of any merger, acquisition, financing, re-organization, bankruptcy, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of services to another provider.
Legal requirements: We may share Personal Information when we believe it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, including lawful requests from public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also share Personal Information when we believe it is necessary to protect Creek Road’s rights and property, to protect the safety of our users, and to defend against legal liability.
Consent: We may share Personal Information with third parties with your consent and at your direction, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide that information.
We may also share aggregate or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you, for various purposes including compliance with various reporting obligations; for business or marketing purposes; or to assist third parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Site.
Your Rights and Choices
You have a variety of rights and choices related to our use of your Personal Information.
Opting out of promotional messages. You can opt out of receiving our promotional emails and texts at any time. You may do so by contacting our customer service team, adjusting the text and notification preferences in your mobile device’s settings, or by following the opt-out instructions in the promotional emails or texts we send you. Please be aware that it may take up to 10 days for us to process your request, and you may continue receiving promotional communications from us during that period. If you opt out of receiving such communications, please be aware that we may continue to send you non-promotional emails (such as emails related to our business relationship or emails about changes to our legal terms).
Restricting cookies/Do Not Track. Creek Road does not currently change its behavior in response to web browser “do not track” signals. However, you can configure most browsers to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you a chance to decide whether or not to accept it. You can consult the help section of your browser to find out how to do this. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site. In the event that a universally accepted standard emerges on how organizations should respond to “do not track” signals, we will assess and provide an appropriate response to those signals.
Limiting information available through social media platforms and other Third-Party Site. If you want to limit or stop receipt of information from social media platforms or other Third-Party Site, you can change your privacy settings on those other websites. You also may choose not to use social sharing features or other features that depend on Third-Party Site that we make available.
Accessing, updating, and deleting your Personal Information. Depending on your location, you may be eligible to request that we provide you access to and/or a copy of certain Personal Information we hold about you; ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased; object to our processing of your Personal Information; request that we restrict certain processing; request that we transfer your Personal Information to a third party; or honor your withdrawal of consent for certain processing of your Personal Information. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com. We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your Personal Information for our legitimate interest or to comply with a legal obligation. Before responding to your request, we may require that you provide us with additional information to confirm your identity. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the authorities applicable to your situation. However, we invite you to contact us with any concern, as we would be happy to try to resolve it directly.
California privacy rights: If you are a resident of California, California law requires us to disclose the following information with respect to our collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information.
- Notice of collection. Although the information we collect is described in greater detail in the “Information We Collect” section above, the categories of Personal Information that we have collected – as described by the CCPA – including in the past 12 months are:
- Identifiers, such as name, contact information, and IP address. We collect this information directly from you, from third-party sources, or indirectly through your actions on our Site or from your devices.
- Other individual customer records, such as phone number, billing address, bank account and payment card information. This category includes personal information protected under pre-existing California law (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), and overlaps with other categories listed here. We collect this information directly from you or from third-party sources.
- Commercial information, such as engagement with our Site. We collect this information directly from you.
- Internet activity, such as referring and exiting pages and your interactions with our Site. We collect this information directly from your device.
- Inferences, such as information about your interests and preferences. We collect this information directly from you or indirectly from your activity on our Site or from your device.
- Business or commercial purpose for collecting and using Personal Information. We collect each category of Personal Information listed above for the business or commercial purposes described in the “How We Use Your Information” section above.
- Categories of sources of Personal Information. We collect each category of Personal Information listed above directly from you, through automatic data collection means, or through the third-party sources described in the “Information We Collect” section above.
- Categories of Personal Information disclosed. In the preceding 12 months, we may have disclosed the categories of Personal Information listed above in the circumstances described in the “How We Share Your Information” section above.
- Categories of third parties with whom we Share Personal Information. We may share each category of Personal Information listed above with the third parties described in the “How We Share Your Information” section above.
- Right to know. California residents may request disclosure of the specific pieces and/or categories of Personal Information that we have collected about them, the categories of sources for that Personal Information, the business or commercial purposes for collecting the information, the categories of Personal Information that we have disclosed, and the categories of third parties with which the information was shared. To request this information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to opt-out. California law requires that we provide transparency about the Personal Information we “sell,” which for the purposes of the CCPA means any instance in which we share Personal Information with third parties in exchange for valuable consideration. Based on the CCPA’s broad definition of the term “sale,” certain data collection on our Site by third parties for the purposes of interest-based advertising may be a “sale” under the CCPA. From time to time, we may also disclose your Personal Information to certain third parties whose products and services we believe may be of interest to you. California residents are entitled to opt out of the “sale” of their Personal Information at any time. You may opt-out by emailing us at email@example.com or by completing the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” form available at the bottom of this page.
- Deletion. You may request that we delete the Personal Information we have collected about you (subject to certain exceptions). Please be aware that we may keep certain information as required or permitted by applicable law. To exercise this right, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Authorized agent. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. To do so, you must provide a valid power of attorney, the requester’s valid government-issued identification, and the authorized agent’s valid government-issued identification. To verify the request, we may contact you directly.
- Right to non-discrimination. Limiting use of, or deleting, your Personal Information may affect features and uses that rely on that information. However, we will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights, including denying you goods or services, providing you with a different level or quality of services, or charging you different prices or rates for services.
- Financial incentives. We offer various financial incentives. For example, we may provide discounts, coupons, and other benefits to individual who sign up to receive our promotional communications or to join a rewards program. When you participate in a financial incentive, we collect Personal Information from you, such as identifiers (like your name and email address) and commercial information (like your purchase history). You can opt into a financial incentive by following the sign-up or participation instructions provided, and you may opt-out of the financial incentive or our continued use of your Personal Information in connection with a financial incentive, at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may provide additional terms and conditions for a financial incentive, which we will present to you when you sign up. The value of your Personal Information is reasonably related to the value of the offer or discount presented to you.
- Shine the Light. California Civil Code § 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared Personal Information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
Our Site are intended for adults and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 16 (or a higher age threshold where applicable) has given us Personal Information without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are over the age of 16, but under the age of majority where you live, you may only use our Site with the involvement and permission of a parent or legal guardian. If you are California resident under 18 years old, you can request that we remove content or information that you have shared with us. Please note that we may not be able to remove content or information completely, for example, if it has been re-posted by another person. To request removal of content or information, please email email@example.com.
Links to Other Websites and Third-Party Content
If you reside or are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a copy of the relevant mechanism we use to transfer Personal Information outside the EEA.
Creek Road uses generally accepted administrative, physical, and technical safeguards we believe are appropriate to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your Personal Information. Although we make reasonable efforts to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the Internet and storing information electronically. Creek Road cannot and does not guarantee absolute security.